Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 4

What a day!

I did it, I achieved my goals today and I'm so happy and excited about it.

Last night I was asleep by midnight which is a HUGE feat for me enabling me to wake up in a fairly good mood (as good as it gets for morning moods anyway). I'm shooting for midnight again tonight with it being Friday and all, I might actually get 8 hours of sleep!

Then I went to the gym and had an amazing work out. Yes... amazing! And to top it all off, I actually ran on the treadmill. And, to even top that, I ran after I already did 15 high paced minutes on the eliptical. Of course my ass hurts from what I can only assume was from the fat jiggling around but whatev's, I freakin' ran!

A great morning, a great work-out, the day could only go downhill from there, right?

WRONG!

Went to Costco with my workout/weight-loss/confidante/totally awesome friend. You know how you meet someone who just gets it? Well, she gets it. Anyway, went to Costco with no kids, no mopey husband, just us shopping for healthy food to help our journey. And we got some bomb-diggety food, ya'all.

Please note: That's my new word, bomb-diggety. Not sure why it invaded my vocabulary. It's like the finger quotes--kind of annoying and I wish I'd stop but I find it funny that I keep doing and saying it. Just flies out of my mouth without my govenor grabbing a hold of it and saying, "No, no Leslie. Don't say that." I'm a 37 year-old woman using the word bomb-diggety. Help me, please.

My new favorite food I got today? Veggie Patties. Oh my sweet lord! They are the best things in the world. So, so yummy! I made the most amazing sandwich with them for dinner. I can't sing their praises enough! Check them out here if you want to know all about them. I could write a whole post about how delicious they are. Seriously. No... seriously. Seriously? Yes! Seriously!

I may have gone a bit cuckoo.

The only bad part of my day--and it's not that bad--was when I let that feeling creep in that maybe all this work isn't going to produce results. What if I get on that scale Monday and don't see a loss? I'm not going to lie, I'll be devastated. But I shouldn't worry about that, I know. I'm making changes to better my health and my life. I know that for a fact and if the number on the scale doesn't change, then... I'll deal with it. All I know is that I haven't felt this good in a really long time.

I'll let Dr. Evil say it for me:

DAY FOUR... BOMB-DIGGETY DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment