Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cackle about this, bitches! - Day 29

I write this post with a smug, kind of bitchy attitude. Bitchy in a good way. And smug because, damn, it feels good to win!

Weigh-in last night was a wonderful success. I walked away feeling triumphant and vindicated. But let's get the dirty business out of the way.

Current weight: 220 lbs.

That's right! I walked away from that scale with a 6.6lb difference. High fives all around! Made up for the .3 gain I had last week. That brings my total weight loss to be 12.0lbs. Holy hell, 12 pounds in just a month! There is my triumph.

I'm feeling vindicated because while those cackling bitches who sat being me and my friend on the first night probably lost more then 12 pounds the last month, they did it not eating real food. I'm not going to bash their choice for losing weight but my opinion is that once they've lost all the weight they wanted and they have to switch from drinking those shakes to eating real food--they are doing to have a very difficult time maintaining that loss. (Holy hell is that the longest sentence ever! Punctuation, Leslie! Geez...)

I needed last night. I needed to feel victorious in some way so my fire can be fueled a little hotter and brighter. I needed it. Now I can enter this next month feeling hopeful that another 12 pounds could be, and probably will, be lost.

My hell grip on food is loosening. I'm already seeing myself relax a little and I think that alone is going to help me lose more. The workouts are going to get more intense, especially since we are now training for the 5k in less then a month. (Eek!) So maybe I can even lose 15 pounds this next month. Who knows!

I know I'm still overweight. I know I'm not yet that skinny bitch that I want to be but I'll get there. The light is at the end of the tunnel. It's tiny pin-prick of light, but I can still see it.

12 pounds total! HUZZAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment