Monday, February 20, 2012

Diet Shmiet--Day 28

I'm writing this pre-weigh in tonight. Don't know if I lost weight this week and honestly it would be a miracle if I did considering I was so sick!

But that's not what I'm going to talk about right now. I'm going to talk about food. Oh, I love talking about food. Do you know that your friends have a wealth of information about food? I'm talking about recipes, ideas, gardening tips, nutritional information. My friends know way more then I thought and I think that is awesome! So next time when you've worn your friend through from talking about your shitty husband or the devil spawn you call your children, talk about food. So much to learn!

Anyway, back to food. I bought a few cookbooks over the past few years and after they've collected dust on my shelf for so long, I broke them back out and started actually reading them and I found some real gems. I want to cook all the time and try it all! And being of the "dieting" mind I'm now reading the nutritional values to every recipe. And because my husband is not of the "dieting" mind my challenge is to find food he will eat--and enjoy--too.

Well, last night was a success, in a huge way.

Evidence:

Cuban Chicken, made in the crock pot. Yum!
Yes, that little gem was about 270 calories with the rice and tortilla! I added a green salad with it because I just need more green but my husband loved it. The chicken was so freakin' flavorful... my mouth is salivating thinking about it. This is what was in it:

green bell pepper
jalapeno pepper
onion
chicken
tomatoes
green olives
corn
garlic
spices (cuman, chili power, salt & pepper)

I seriously forgot I was on a diet. Plus the tortilla too... oh my gosh. In freakin' heaven!

Of course I would have like this a little better with black beans and yellow rice making it feel a little more "authentic" and it would have boosted the total calorie count (substituting the tortilla & brown rice for the beans and yellow rice) to 400 calories... still not bad at all. Gosh, I think I just figured out what I'm having for dinner tomorrow night again! Yum!

See, I'm getting a hang of this. Only has taken 4 weeks but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment