Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 10

Let's start with the good:

My workouts have been going amazingly! The circuit training is busting my butt and I'm sweating like crazy and I wasn't as sore the second time which can only mean my muscles are getting used to being worked. I would end that sentence with "again" but it's been so long I think they have amnesia and they don't remember ever working.  I even stepped it up a little in Zumba today. I'm finally feeling like I'm learning the routines even though I still feel like an elephant in ballet shoes at times. All in all, I think I'm becoming one of those people who actually likes going to the gym. (EEK!!)

Another great thing--and this is truly wonderful--is my energy level throughout the day. Two weeks ago I was dragging myself out of bed when my alarm went off in the morning, after hitting the snooze once or twice, only to stay awake long enough to see my daughter off to school and then pass back out for another hour or two. Now I'm actually getting right up when the alarm goes off and not even touching the snooze button. And then I stay awake the whole day! Ok, I just lied. I can't believe I lied! I have taken a short nap in the afternoons but that was only because I was the energizer bunny all morning. It has only been 10 days, my body isn't completely used to this morning pep I have and I'm running out of fuel by 3 or 4 o'clock. But that has happened a total of 3 times. Not bad if you ask me! Today I stayed awake all day and stayed active doing chores and other household duties. I didn't sit down until I ate my dinner at 6pm. That is 12 hours of go-go-go for me! Hooray! Told ya, it was wonderful!

Now it's the bad:

Sleep is still an issue for me. Although some nights I'm getting 7 to 7 1/2 hours, some nights I'm only getting 6. Of course if I really think about it, those six hour nights are probably the days I took a nap.  Looks like I need to start keeping a sleep journal too.

Food. It's been a dirty four-letter word for me. Kind of like the other f-word, it has good qualities and can be satifying but for the most part it's bad. Tuesday (Day 8) I was able to eat all my WW points and reached my calorie goal for the day really well. I felt hopeful, maybe it wasn't that hard. And then yesterday I almost made the goal but fell short. Now today, after feeling like I've been eating all day, my little calorie counter app told me that I bearly consumed 1200 calories. NOT GOOD! But I swear I've been eating all day. The list is long... A good hearty breakfast, filling protein shake after my workout, a solid sandwich (and even indulged with some Popchips!), trail mix, apple, carrots, and then a huge bowl of soup with added chicken for dinner and I still didn't eat enough calories. What the heck? I was searching my kitchen for something to eat that would give me more calories but all I saw were sweets and I just didn't think that would be a smart choice so late in the evening. I knew at the beginning that food would be my biggest obstacle but I didn't think it would be not enough food. I think I'm going to start upping my servings sizes by a little bit until I have it figured out because I definately can't eat anymore during the day then I am because I feel like I'm eating at every opportunity that I can. *sigh*


This is a learning process for me as I'm sure it is for anyone else making this change for their life. It's only been 10 days and I believe that 10 days is such a small amount of time considering this is the rest of my life. I know I'll get it some day soon.

Day 10... Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment