Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 19

Wow, it's been that long since I've written. Time flies, baby!

I wanted to post my last weigh in since I slacked on that and I'm 2 days away from the next. (Already??)

On Monday (Day 14) I went to the weigh-in excited because I had an awesome week before and I felt like I lost weight. I had a better attitude this time ready to accept a low number because I know the difference eating better and exercising has had on my emotional being then anything else. But, you know, I was still hoping for a big loss.

Weight as of 2/6/2012 (Day 14) was 226lb.

That's right, a 3lb weight loss.

There was no boo-hooing this time. No slumped shoulders and pouting. I was happy, so so happy. That is 6 pounds total! No, I wasn't the highest there, probably the lowest weight loss amount but I'm happy with my progress because I feel like I'm doing it right.

I've made some adjustments this past week and had to make some difficult decisions.

First about food. While I've been trying to follow Weight Watchers, I was having a super difficult time with the points. I was eating through-out the day and felt satisfied with my eating choices--lots of vegetables, protein, fiber, good amount of carbs, etc.--and yet I was still regularly 6 to 8 points shy every night. And then the whole, burn as many calories as you take in formula for losing weight started to make more sense to me. So, I started counting calories instead. I've been using myfitnesspal and it's really helped me keep track of my activity and food intake. It's giving me answers I can relate to--too few calories, body goes into starvation; making bad choices and I won't lose weight like I wanted.  I just found it works better for me. Oh, and a food discovery I made recently that pumps up my vitamin/veggie intake? I'm putting spinach and avocado in my morning smoothies. Ok, I didn't discover it, someone told me to do it and I was hesitant at first because... ew... but spinach with fruit, don't even taste it. And the avocado? Don't even taste that and it makes the smootie so smooth! Yummy!

Second about exercise. I'm hitting that lull in motivation but am trying to work my way through it. I knew it was going to happen. I knew there was going to come a point when I just don't want to anymore. This past week was difficult but I worked my way through it.

Lastly, the bane of my exsistence... sleep. Well, sleep is no longer an issue for me. I'm regularly getting 7-8 hours a night! Yay!! I think because I work out in the morning and stay active all day (I literally don't sit down for more then 5 minutes until dinner time) I'm exhausted by the end of the night. My poor husband is sad I'm not staying up late with him anymore but he said, and I quote, "I'd rather you be happy all day then spend that extra two hours with me at night."  Awwww....

Even though I'm not shedding the pounds like I thought I would I'm still losing--3lb a week is good! And I know I'm losing inches. Muscle weighs more then fat, right? Well, I know I'm gaining muscle working out as much as I have (6 days a week!!) and my hard work is starting to show it's benefits:

I needed new workout pants. The pants I had were falling off during Zumba and when I'd do jump squats, or jumping jacks or anything jumping so I started shopping for plus size workout pants. Do you know how hard it is to find plus size work out pants? Extremely difficult! I was getting really frustrated. I went to the store and looked at the regular XL pants but were convinced I couldn't fit into them. And a week or so ago, I probably couldn't. But the other day, I actually forced myself to try them on, expecting to see sausage in it's casing. But no... nope... THEY FIT!! And no sausage, no digging at the waist, they actually FIT!!  I cried in the dressing room. My kids who were with me gave me the creeped out "Mommy is crying again" look. But I didn't care. THEY FIT!  There was nothing little about that victory! That is a HUGE victory!!

**Doing the happy dance!**

Today I'm going to take this day off and finish up a few things I put off all week (this post being one of them!). I'm hoping this next week will be better on the work out front (need that positive energy!) and continue to be good with the sleep and food. I'm not sure if I said it, but I'm sure glad I've made this choice to better my life!

Day 19... just beginning, but off to a great start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment